Galaxy S8 - How to take a screenshot
Taking a screenshot Galaxy S8 and sharing it to other apps or contacts is really easy. It's actually different from previous generations, so here's how you do it:
- Press and hold the power button and volume down button simultaneously.
- Wait until you see the screenshot animation
For a brief moment after taking a screenshot, you'll have the following options:
- Scroll capture - Take a scrolling screenshot of a webpage/app
- Draw - Doodle over your screenshot then crop, share, or save (you'll need to give Screen write permission to access photos, media, and files on your device)
- Crop - Crop your screenshot then save then draw, share, or save
- Share - Immediately share your screenshot to another app, or by creating a link via Link Sharing.
If sharing through Link Sharing, you'll have to confirm you want to share your contacts' information with Samsung. Link Sharing is temporary and links expire after 24 hours.