Samsung Galaxy S5 won't get past logo screen with SIM and SD card on?
Hi, sorry for any grammar mistake. So I've been using Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900H) for 3,5 years.
1. I never updated my OS until a few months ago from its original KitKat 4.4 to Marshmallow 6.0.1. Since then every time I unlock my phone, the screen will become black but I know that it's responding, it even detects my fingerprint. Sometimes I just need to wait and unlock it a few more times, but most of the times I opt to just plug off the battery.
2. Yesterday when I restarted my phone, suddenly it's stuck on the "Samsung" logo. I waited for 30 mins and nothing. I then took the SIM and SD card off, then it worked, although it's still a bit slower (from 2 secs there to almost 10). I tried to put on the SIM card only and SD card only and neither worked. Still the same until now. HOWEVER, when I unlock the phone, it doesn't become black anymore. At least so far.
Things that I've tried:
- Wiping the cache partition.
- Entering the safe mode. (I have no idea what it did, but the booting still takes 10 secs)
- Reinstalling the OS with SamMobile Firmwares and this whole Odin thing.
Should I try to factory reset? I honestly don't want to go through the whole back-up/recovery process only for it to not be fixed. Or is it maybe the time to get a new phone?