Amazon Kindle Fire Signed Driver for WinXP/Vista/7/8/8.1
Now that KitKat builds are coming out for the KF, I found myself dusting off my Kindle and trying to reflash my recovery to try out CM11.
Unfortunately, upgrading to Windows 8.1 re-enabled Driver Signature Enforcement on my PC, so I set off to find a signed Amazon ADB driver for the KF.
Since I couldn't find it on XDA, I thought I'd share it:
1.Download Current Amazon Kindle Fire ADB Drivers:
2. Unzip the zip.
3. Run KindleDrivers.exe
4. PROFIT! This URL is subject to change any time Amazon updates the driver. So if the link above is broken, try this:
- Go to
(This is the URL that is used by Android SDK to download the drivers)
- Ctrl+F and search for "Driver"
(This should take you to the right spot in the XML file)
- Copy all text in between the sdk:url tags in the "Kindle Fire USB Driver" section
<sdk:description>Kindle Fire USB Driver</sdk:description>
<sdk:name-display>Kindle Fire USB Driver</sdk:name-display>
- Paste the sdk:url text into the URL
http://kindle-sdk.s3.amazonaws.com/INSERT sdk:url TEXT HERE
- You should now be able to unzip and install your driver.
This process has worked on all 3 of my computers; Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 without issue - just like any other ADB driver.