Samsung - S2G Flashing Custom ROM Not Possible!
I'm trying to flash my S II I9100G with cMIUI, which doesn't work. The phone gets stuck during booting right after the installation. I've been messing around with this problem for a couple of hours by now, been googling a lot and yet I have not found a solution.
What I did in order to flash the ROM:
1) I installed the latest German stock ROM (ICS) using Odin.
2) I followed this tutorial (root using SU-BB-Installer.zip and flash CWM recovery kernel 220.127.116.11 via kTool): So far everything works fine. I have root access now.
3) Downloaded the cMIUI 2.10.19 zip from
4) When I tried to flash cMIUI from Recovery and toogle signature verification "on", it told me "signature verification failed". I ignored that message and installed it anyway.
5) Installation ran smoothly. After finishing it, the phone wanted to reboot. It now got stuck in the booting screen. I can not get the ROM booted.
I don't think it's cMIUI-caused, because I tried to flash a clean CM10 and still had the same problem (even though it didn't fail signature verification). Here are some more things I tried:
- installed clean stock ROM via Odin, again. Then followed all above steps exactly as described above, except for using Odin for flashing CWM Recovery instead of kTool
- again, clean stock ROM. After rooting, I then tried to install cMIUI via ROM Manager v18.104.22.168. Unfortunately, ROM Manager doesn't identify CWM recovery and keeps asking me to install the Recovery-System with ROM Manager. When I try that, there apparently "is no official CWM Recovery available" for my model. So, ROM Manager is no option
As described in the following thread, I can not use the ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 kernel on aosp based ROMs like cMIUI and CM: So that probably is the cause of my problem. Can you tell me what kernel I can use, instead? Or is there another way to flash that ROM? Via Odin, for example...
Thanks for your help in advance. Very much appreciated!!