Samsung - How to Install Latest Rooted Tegrak Kernel/Recovery for Korean Galaxy Note SHV-E160
How to Install Latest Rooted Tegrak Kernel/Recovery for Korean Galaxy Note SHV-E160
Special thanks to Tegrak and the folks at rootedgalaxynote for helping me create this step by step guide for the benefit of Korean Galaxy Note owners everywhere.
- Make sure you have Samsung Kies installed so your phone will be recognized during recovery mode
- Download ODIN from the link below and extract it to a folder on your PC
- Download the appropriate Tegrak "Recovery" and "Kernel" files that is SPECIFIC to your model
- Save the "Kernel" .zip file into the root of your internal storage
Booting into "Download Mode"
- Turn off your phone. Connect usb cable to your PC
- Hold down the ff buttons: volume down + home + power, you will see a warning sign with korean writing?? press volume up
Installing the Tegrak "Recovery Module" and Booting into it
- Run ODIN, you should see a yellow ?0:[COM__]? at the left side to continue
- Make sure only "Auto Reboot" and "F Partition Time" are checked
- Look for a tab that says ?PDA? and select the correct "Recovery" .tar file for your model from the links below
- Click ?Start? and wait for the reboot
- Next is turn off the device again, once the device is fully turned off? hold the following buttons: volume up + volume down
- While holding down the volume buttons, turn on the device by pressing the power button
- You should be in Tegrak?s recovery mode by now, you will be in a black screen with writings saying ?Tegrak Kernel Build __? highlighted yellow at the top of the screen
- Congratulations, you have installed Tegrak Recovery
Installing the Rooted "Tegrak Kernel"
- On the Tegrak Recovery Menu, navigate using the volume buttons and select by pressing the home buttons
- Select "install zip from sdcard" under UPDATE
- Search for the "Kernel" .zip file you saved into your internal storage and select that with the power button to install
- Select "Exit" then "Exit stock recovery" to exit the recovery module
- You will go back to system recovery. Click "reboot system now" to boot back to android
- If you succesfully boot back to Android- Congratulations, you have installed Tegrak Kernel
Completing the Rooting Process
- Go to Google Play store to install "Tegrak Kernel" and "Superuser" in case you haven't had any of this installed yet
- Search and install ?Tegrak Kernel?. Run it and click "Enable Rooting"
- If you got a succesful rooting confirmation- Congratulations, you have succesfully rooted your device
- Search and install ?Superuser?. You will need this to facilitate giving root access to your apps
- You can also choose to install "Tegrak Overclock" to overclock your CPU. You may want to make sure you are familiar with overclocking and risk associated with it before proceeding
Congratulations- your done. Enjoy debloating and optimizing your phone!
Important: Make sure the kernel and recovery matches the firmware version listed. I'll try to update this post if new firmware and accompanying kernel/recovery are made available
Download and Extract to a folder on your PC]
SHV-E160S (firmware UH24)
SHV-E160K (firmware UI24)
SHV-E160L (firmware UH24)
Folks at RootGalaxyNote for helping define instruction set