Sony, SonyEricsson - Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Take Apart Repair Guide
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Take Apart Repair Guide
Repair your damaged Sony Ericsson Xperia Play CDMA or 4G using this in-depth take apart guide. This will clearly walk you through the steps required to safely and quickly repair a damaged screen or other internal parts on your Xperia Play.
This guide will help you to install the following Sony Ericsson Xperia Play CDMA & 4G part(s):
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Touch Screen Digitizer
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play 4G Touch Screen Digitizer
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play LCD Screen
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play 4G LCD Screen
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Torx T5 Screwdriver
- Torx T6 Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Repairs)
- Heat Gun/Hair Dryer
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Take Apart Repair Guide:
- The first step will be to remove the back battery cover and battery.
- From there we will need to remove the thirteen (13) T5 Torx screws as shown in figure 1.
- Now use a safe open pry tool to release the clips holding the back housing onto the device.
- With the back housing removed, the motherboard will be exposed.
- Remove the two (2) small Phillips screws holding the motherboard in place.
- The headphone jack is held in place with a small clip and adhesive. Use a safe open pry tool to gently pry this away from the housing. Be careful of the connected flex cable.
- Slide the Xperia Play outward and then left the motherboard to its side. Be extremely careful as it is still connected by 2 flex cables.
- Release the main "slide" flex cable. This is a simple pop connector.
- There will be one smaller cable that is located under the slide connector. Carefully remove this flex cable from the connector.
- The motherboard can now be removed.
- Carefully slide the rest of the keypad slide from the rest of the phone.
- There will be two white stickers covering two (2) small Phillips screws. Remove all the four (4) small Phillips screws on the back of the screen assembly. One will be located in each corner.
- Adjust to slide so that you have access to the two (2) flex cables located in the corner, as shown in Figure 4.
- The small flex cable is a jaw connector - carefully lift the back tab and carefully pull the cable out of the connector. The large connection is a simple pop connector.
- Now, carefully pry along the outside edges of the housing. This will release the front housing with touch screen digitizer.
- To remove the LCD screen, simply use a safe open pry tool and carefully pry along the edges of the LCD and feed the cable through the slot on the housing.
- To remove the touch screen digitizer from the frame, heat the front of the screen using a hair dryer or heat gun. Use quick movements, not staying in one area for too long. Medium - high heat will be required to properly warm the adhesive holding the screen assembly to the front housing. Take your time and reheat as required. Use a safe open pry tool to pry between the screen and front housing.
- Your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play has now been fully disassembled.
Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.