Alcatel - Rooting ALCATEL OT-918
This is just a small guide I made for rooting ALCATEL OT-918 (Maybe also 918D or M) devices on which SuperOneClick fails. Most of the files are not by me so all credit goes to the original author...
01) Unzip usb_driver.zip and install the drivers.
02) Copy the file Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip to the root of your SD card.
03) Make sure your battery is fully charged and turn off your phone.
04) Head to the directory SP_Flash_Tool_v2.1134.00 and start FlashTool.exe.
05) Make sure the menu Options->USB Mode is checked.
06) Use attached scatter file creator to make scatter. (or use Android_2.3.6_MT6573_Android_scatter_918.txt)
Warnings/Errors like this can be safely ignored:
[Warning Hint] Get BMT block count fail, default BMT block count is used!
[Hint] Bootloader files are lost when automatically loading by scatter file.
Please make sure you want to go through anyway.
DSP_BL is unchecked, which may result in a boot failure
07) Check the entry with name "RECOVERY" and double click it.
08) Select the recovery.img file and again make sure ONLY one entry is checked.
09) Click the Download button and plugin your phone with the USB cable.
* Wait some time (untill the recovery file is loaded to your phone) *
10) Unplug your phone and press the volume up and power button at once
11) Select "Flash Zip from SDCard" and choose the Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip
12) Confirm the update and reboot your phone. Everything should be done, phone is rooted!
Actual tutorial made by others. I only try to make it a bit more clear.
ALCATEL Scatter Retriever v0.1
Just to make this thread a little development related: I coded a tool that should be able to automatically create scatter files for your (ALCATEL) device. It is only tested on my own device but it should work for other (ALCATEL) devices too (Sources can be posted if needed).
The tools and files used to make this tutorial are not created by me. The FlashTool is made by MediaTek (the company that makes the ALCATEL devices), the recovery.img is made by somebody at 592zn, the USB Drivers are made by MediaTek/Alcatel (unsure).
I wish you all a very plesant day,