ZTE Warp N860 (Boost Mobile) Diag Mode
I needed to connect a ZTE Warp to CDMA Workshop and QPST on my pc, so I did some searching to find out how to put the phone into Diag Mode. Easy enough. Well, It took me longer than a few minutes with google to find the info I was looking for, but I did eventually find it. Hopefully this post will help others. I can confirm this works to get the Boost Mobile ZTE N860 (Warp) into diagnostic mode so it can be read by CDMAWS, qxdm, etc.
1. Download and Install the ZTE handset usb drivers from here
2. Turn on the phone and connect to pc via usb
3. On the phone go to Dialer and enter *983*87274#
4. A new window will open on the screen with a list of choices. Choose the first item on the list only.
5. Wait a minute or two while the necessary drivers are installed on your computer.
6. Now look in device manager, under ports you should see ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (com#).
7. On the phone press home to return to your home screen.
8. Make note of the com port # and you're all set.
You can now connect to qpst, qxdm, and so on. Don't forget to hit the Thanks button below if you found this useful.