ROOTING SK17i ICS 4.0.4 FW 4.1.B.0.431
DISCLAIMER: Flashing your mobile is at your own risk,flashing may void your warranty and SONY (and me) would be in no way responsible for any damage.
This tutorial is just for SK17i user who wants to get root access for their device running ICS 4.0.4 (4.1.B.0.431). (like me )
First of all, I assumed that you already in ICS 4.0.4 ROM
[ REQUIREMENTS ]
- Stock ICS firmware 4.1.B.0.431
- ADB drivers installed (if u are not sure, then install this)
[ PREPARATION ]
- Make sure you have installed ADB drivers.
- Enable "USB DEBUGGING" - from (Menu\Settings\Developer Options\Development)
- Enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES" - from (Menu\Settings\Security)
[ HOW TO ]
- Flash the kernel from 4.0.3 firmware
As we know that our Mini Pro doesn't get 4.0.3 update and hence they don't have 4.0.3 kernel unlike arc, neo v etc.
The thing is arc, arc s, neo , neo v, ray are quite easier to root as they got the 4.0.3 update and 4.0.3 is possible to root, so by flashing kernel and then rooting works.
But in this case, we could use Neo/New V 4.0.3 kernel, so download Neo V FTF File here and flash just the kernel (see picture) from it using flashtool.
After complete flashing the kernel, just close the flashtool.
Just a note to anyone else - That 4.0.3 kernel won't actually boot properly (screen will be blank or will have a red LED and bright white back button LED). Don't worry it's okay
- Root your device using DooMLoRD's method
Don't forget to close flashtool, now turn on your device and connect it to the PC, and start the rooting method as describe here.
Just follow the instruction, until the prompt say IT'S DONE.
- Flash back the stock 4.0.4 kernel firmware
Flash back the stock 4.0.4, you can download the FTF file here (SK17i).
REMEMBER: Just Flash The Kernel, see the image on the point 1 (above)
When done, you will have SuperUser installed in the Mini Pro 4.0.4 ROM
Credit and Thanks to:
- Nabeel for the GUIDE
- DooMLoRD's for the Rooting Toolkit for Xperia 2011 ICS
- Androxyde for his awesome Flashtool