HTC - How to re-root HTC Wildfire S after 2.26.401.3 update
HOW TO (RE-)ROOT HTC WILDFIRE S (MARVEL)
AFTER APPLYING 2.26.401.3 UPDATE AND
CONSEQUENTLY LOSING ROOT
I've managed to re-root my HTC Wildfire S (MARVEL) by following instructions from many different posts.
I would like to THANK A MILLION to CafeKampuchia from AndroidForums and Heritz from xda-developers.
You DON'T need to wait the v2.26 HTCdev bootloader update. You can re-root via Installing root.zip (a script) via Clockwork Recovery v126.96.36.199.
PREPARE FOR (RE-)ROOT:
01) Download the Android.zip from attachments in this post and extract files to C:\android (I've used those files for re-rooting my WFS)
02) Download Clockwork Recovery v188.8.131.52 image and put it in the C:\android folder (LINK: download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-marvel.img)
03) Download root.zip from attachments in this post.
04) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL NEEDED DRIVERS INSTALLED (Just install HTCSync)
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
01) DISABLE "Fast boot" (go to Settings>Power>uncheck "Fast boot") and ENABLE "USB debugging" (go to Settings>Applications>Development>check "USB debugging")
02) Turn off your phone and let it shutdown completely. Do not connect it to the computer yet.
03) Hold POWER BUTTON and VOLUME DOWN for a few seconds until you see HBOOT screen, and then wait again few seconds for the normal system scan.
04) Navigate to FASTBOOT and now connect your phone to the computer. (You should see the change of "FASTBOOT" to "FASTBOOT USB" on your screen. If not install the drivers = HTCSync)
05) Enter the CMD on your computer and navigate to you android folder (type cd C:\android), then type fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-marvel.img
06) When flashing is done, turn off your phone and let it shutdown completely.
07) Turn on your phone and let Android boot. Connect it to PC (Choose connection type: DISK DRIVE) and copy root.zip to the root of the SD card.
08) Turn off your phone and let it shut down completely.
09) Hold POWER BUTTON and VOLUME DOWN for a few seconds until you see HBOOT screen, and then wait again few seconds for the normal system scan.
10) Navigate to RECOVERY, and in the recovery menu select the "install zip from sd card".
11) In the next menu select "choose zip from sd card" and find the "root.zip" file in the list (select it).
12) Wait until the script do its work. When it is finished you will see "Install from sd card completed".
13) Select "Go back" and then select "Power off" to turn off your phone (let it shutdown completely).
14) Turn on your phone and let Android boot.
15) Go to Google Play (Market) and download Superuser.apk and install it.
16) You are (RE-)ROOTED.