Galaxy S2 unable to register to network, no signal
I'm facing this major problem with my handset.
When I insert a SIM card to my mobile, it registers with the network (VODAFONE IN) with signal strength of 12asu and then gradually decreases to 5asu and then 1asu when my phone shows no signal afterwards. The carrier is shown as Unknown and service as out of service.
If I put the same SIM in another phone, it works. So no problem with the SIM or Network.
I have tried the following:
1) Flashed various modems
2) Flashed various ROMS (CM9, CM10, Official Stock)
3) Did complete WIPE. Factory Reset, Clear cache, Clear Dalvik cache, Format /system
4) I also restored by efs to a backup I had of my efs(taken when I first got the phone in 2011).
5) Also used Repair Galaxy S2 app which basically fixes RW permissions of the EFS folder.
6) Also used EFS Pro to repair my .nav files
7) Also used GetRIL tool to check if the drivers are matching.
Even after doing everything, the problem is same. When I first insert the sim card, it gets signal for around 5 minutes and then suddenly it goes to 1asu with no signal forever. I also kept my phone as it is for one whole day, but nothing: my phone is unreachable and there's no signal.
I had never dropped my phone and possibility of any physical damage to the receiver is very low.
The only reason I can see is this:
I was on DilDroid ICS and everything was fine until one day, I went to Recovery and fixed permissions. (Btw, DilDroid ICS used Siyah kernal)
And I think that was the last thing I did after which my phone couldn't receive signals.
I think some files have been corrupted and even after factory reset etc. it remains and the next time I flash another ROM, the files are still there.
Can someone tell me a way to completely clean my galaxy s2 and then start off by flashing a new ROM.
Or any other solution. Kindly help.
Read responses in forum.xda-developers.com