HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Disclaimer (borrowed from Cyanogemod): Use this tool at your own discretion. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this tool before running it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot./
This is tool is a beta release, I do not own all the devices supported but have tested in the HTC Aria. Any feedback, comment or advise is welcomed and do not hesitate to post it.
The tools is intended to help easy the process of unlocking / relocking the bootloader for HTC devices. This is for STOCK devices only, so if you are S-OFF or running a custom rom already, do not use this tool.
In order to succeed, you need to follow the following steps:
- HTC drivers must be installed (included in the tools\windrivers folder) with the phone unplugged.
- USB debbuging must be enabled in the device.
- Phone should be set as charge only as default.
Make sure that you have complied with above requisites. The first time the script runs it will install adb, fastboot, wget and some other utilities if not found in your PC.
- Extract the HTC_Unlock_Bootloader_Tool.zip.
- Open the EasyUnlockTool.cmd file as admin (otherwise the script will show you an error message)
- If you device is supported, it will show you the menu.
- Follow the instructions on screen. If needed, the script will detect the build version, download the hboot update utility and run it in order to achive the unlock.
- Once you complete the update and the unlock token is shown on your screen, HTCDEV site will open for you to paste and submit it.
- When you get the unlock_code.bin file in your mail, download it to the tools\token folder and press a key. The script will flash it for you.
- If the above worked, you will be prompted in the phone to proceed to unlock.
For the time being, the list of supported devices is this:
HTC Amaze 4G (Mobilicity)
HTC Amaze 4G (T-mobile)
HTC Amaze 4G (WILD)
HTC Desire (GSM/CMDA)
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G
HTC Desire Z / T-Mobile G2
HTC Dream / T-Mobile G1 / Era G1
HTC Droid DNA
HTC Droid Eris
HTC Droid Incredible
HTC Droid Incredible 2 ( Verizon)
HTC Evo 3D (EMEA)
HTC Evo 3D (Rogers)
HTC Evo 3D (Sprint)
HTC Evo 4G+ (Korea Telecom)
HTC Evo Design (Sprint)
HTC Evo view 4G (Sprint)
HTC Flyer (BrightStar)
HTC Flyer (TUR WI-FI)
HTC Flyer (TUR)
HTC Flyer (WWE WI-FI)
HTC Flyer (WWE)
HTC Jetstream (AT&T)
HTC Legend / A6363
HTC One X
HTC One X (AT&T) and One XL (Need to achive SuperCID with Xfactor exploit first from here:
Read responses in forum.xda-developers.com