Recommendations for call forwarding
Hi! Hope it's OK to ask for service recommendations here :) I'm looking for a low-cost call forwarding service similar to a SkypeIn / Google Voice number. My use case is that I'd like to publicise (business cards, website) a landline that isn't my personal cellphone, but I don't want the overhead of an extra landline.
- I want the number to dial straight through to my mobile (at my cost).
- I'd like Caller ID tofunction as per a direct call.
- Ideally, I'd like to take calls during business hours, and take messages after hours.
- Scheduling / managing call routing would be pretty sweet, especially once it's not just me! (Tuesdays 9-6 => divert to XXX, etc)
- Answerphone to email would be a bonus if that's offered.
- Potentially could use call forwarding on a second mobile with my provider (2º), but that has a likelihood of missing texts (and have to keep it powered?) so not ideal.
- Being able to dial out with this number (from app or mobile) would be a bonus but not essential.SkypeIn might do the trick, but I'm sure there are other good local offerings, and what I hope Geekzone can offer is experience / expertise like "I've used this service and it was reliable" or "This provider is OK, but be aware of <special case X>" (issues with some networks, performance, quality etc) - things which might not be discoverable via regular web research. I've used 2talk in the past, it was early days so I think not a fair assessment. (I'd prefer a landline area code to mobile-looking 028, since I'd rather contacts didn't text into the void - IDK if SMS forwarding is a thing.) I'd prefer to buy local if that's an option. Thanks in advance!
Read responses in geekzone.co.nz