Windows 7 64bit Freezing But Mouse...
Since the issue I'm having is roughly equivalent to Windows itself hanging, I figured this would be the best place.
What is happening is that Windows freezes and I can't interact with anything on the screen. CTRL-ALT-DEL and CTRL-SHFT-ESC methods to try to bring up the task manager do not work. I am, however, able to move the mouse when this is happening, but cannot interact with anything. The only thing that returns my system to normal is a hard boot . Over a 2 week period, it has happened at an increasing rate, but my system has run completely stable for something like 5-6 years now. I formatted and reinstalled windows in hopes of a fix, but it's still happening.
OS - Win7 64bit
· What was the original installed OS on the system?-Win7 64bit
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?-Retail
· Approximate age of system (hardware)-5-6 years
· Approximate age of OS installation (if you know)-a few days
· Have you re-installed the OS? -Yes
Read responses in techsupportforum.com